Day trip from Moshi
Day 1 Marangu
In the morning, we will collect you from your hotel in Moshi and take you to Marangu, which lies in the fertile hills of Kilimanjaro where a village guide will be waiting for you and bring you first of all to the Chagga Live Museum, where you will get a deep insight in the traditional lifestyle of this agricultural society and also the family history.
He will then lead you through the coffee and banana plantations to a spectacular waterfall. On the way, he will tell you and point out the fauna and flora of the region. At the waterfall, you will have lunch and if you fancy you may take a plunge in the refreshing waters of the waterfall. In the afternoon, you will be driven to the village of Mamba. This small village is famous for its caves, which were once used to hide the women and children for weeks during the Chagga – Masai wars. At Mamba, you will also visit a local blacksmith who still forges spearheads in the traditional manner. Late in the afternoon, we will take you back to your hotel.
- Transport as mentioned
- Professional English speaking guide
- Accredited English speaking village guide
- Museum tour
- Lunch and mineral water
- All entrance fees
- This is a private trip and hence the group will only consist of the people you chose to travel with.
- No, there is no age limit.
- You will either be transported in a specially converted 4×4 minibus or
4×4 safari vehicle (i.e. Toyota Landcruiser). During game drives the roof will open, ensuring unspoilt views.
- You will be provided with a lunch-box that can include sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits or grilled chicken thighs. In addition thereto we will supply you with mineral water.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them (only possible with advanced notification).
- Yes you should bring along some cash for extras like drinks, snacks, souvenirs and tips.
- Please make sure that your USD bills that have been printed after 2004 as any earlier dated bills will not be accepted.
- Tipping after a safari is customary and we recommend 15-20 USD per day per group for the guide.
- Although most nationalities can obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, it is the sole responsibility of every traveller to be in possession of all required documents. We therefore strongly suggest that you contact your respective embassy for the latest visa regulations.
- Officially no vaccinations are required but seeing that Tanzania is located in a yellow fever region, we suggest getting a yellow fever vaccination for your own piece of mind.
- Despite the fact that Tanzania does not require you to be vaccinated against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio or Hepatitis A&B, we would strongly advise to have those shots up to date.
- Malaria is also a concern and we therefore recommend that some precautionary measures are taken. For more detailed information on prophylaxes and the effects and possible side effects, please contact your doctor or travel clinic.