Day trip from Arusha
Day 1 Arusha – Agape Women Group – Arusha
At about 09:00 h in the morning, you will be collected at your hotel and be taken to the Agape Women Group, a union of local women. Driving on hilly country roads, you will reach an altitude of 680 meters. Upon your arrival you will be greeted with some refreshments. Weather permitting, you will have a breathtaking view of the summit of Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro. With renewed strength you will start your tour of the surrounding area. You will be accompanied by a local guide, who will show you the various plants and explain their use as household remedies. About two hours later you will return to Mama Anna’s, where you can relax after your walk and enjoy a local lunch. After this well-deserved break, you will enjoy some Tanzanian music sung by the women of the commune and be dressed in their typical colourful cloths. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to learn more about their brand of cheese (cheddar, gouda, mozzarella) and coffee production. You will be able to lend a hand with the roasting and grinding of the coffee beans, which you can purchase at the end of the tour. In the afternoon, after such an eventful day, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Day trip according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- professional, English-speaking guide
- English-speaking village guide
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All entrance fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the day trip
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- This is a private trip and hence the group will only consist of the people you chose to travel with.
- No, there is no age limit.
- You will either be transported in a specially converted 4×4 minibus or
4×4 safari vehicle (i.e. Toyota Landcruiser). During game drives the roof will open, ensuring unspoilt views.
- You will be provided with a lunch-box that can include sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits or grilled chicken thighs. In addition thereto we will supply you with mineral water.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them (only possible with advanced notification).
- Yes you should bring along some cash for extras like drinks, snacks, souvenirs and tips.
- Please make sure that your USD bills that have been printed after 2004 as any earlier dated bills will not be accepted.
- Tipping after a safari is customary and we recommend 15-20 USD per day per group for the guide.
- Although most nationalities can obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, it is the sole responsibility of every traveller to be in possession of all required documents. We therefore strongly suggest that you contact your respective embassy for the latest visa regulations.
- Officially no vaccinations are required but seeing that Tanzania is located in a yellow fever region, we suggest getting a yellow fever vaccination for your own piece of mind.
- Despite the fact that Tanzania does not require you to be vaccinated against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio or Hepatitis A&B, we would strongly advise to have those shots up to date.
- Malaria is also a concern and we therefore recommend that some precautionary measures are taken. For more detailed information on prophylaxes and the effects and possible side effects, please contact your doctor or travel clinic.