6 Day Luxury Safari
Day 1-6 | Tanzania
- Tarangire National Park – Game drive
- African Rift Valley – Viewpoint
- Ngorongoro Crater – Game drive
- Serengeti National Park – Game drive
- Flight from the Serengeti to Arusha
Luxury safari: Tanzania in Style
Min. number to guarantee tour: N/A
Max number of participants: private safari
Departure day: any day of your choice
Price: from 2,810 USD (7 pax)
Single Supplement: from 620 USD
Day 1 Arusha – Tarangire National Park
In the morning you will be welcomed by your guide and after an approximately 2-hour drive you will reach the Tarangire National Park. As you enter the park, your guide will open the roof for a better viewing experience. Tarangire is home to the largest elephant herds in the north of Tanzania. Giraffes, buffaloes, lions, zebras, wildebeests as well as various antelopes and gazelles can also be spotted here. The landscape is made up of seasonal marshes and a seemingly endless tree savannah with its mighty baobab trees. After extensive game drives in the park, you will reach the Nimali Tarangire Camp in the afternoon. Enjoy a beautiful sunset and relax in the cosy lounge area or mingle around the crackling campfire.
Day 2 Tarangire National Park – Karatu
After a hearty breakfast you will head out on another game drive in the Tarangire National Park. During the dry season between June and October, the Tarangire River is the only permanent source of water and the wildlife tends to concentrate in its vicinity. You will stop at one of the picnic spots for lunch. In the afternoon, you leave this beautiful park behind. Passing through the multi-cultural town of Mto wa Mbu, the higher lands are soon reached and wonderful views of the Masai Plains and the Lake Manyara open up before you. After the obligatory photo stop, you will make your way to the vegetation-rich crater highlands. Today’s destination is Kitela Lodge which lies in the middle of a coffee plantation and is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 3 Karatu – Ngorongoro Crater – Serengeti National Park
Today you will drive into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and down into the Ngorongoro Crater. Grass steppes and acacia forests are home to almost all the species of animals found in the East African savannah. In only a few hours, you have the chance of spotting the “Big Five” (lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard). After extensive game viewing and a picnic in the crater, you will leave the highlands of Ngorongoro in the afternoon and continue to the Serengeti. You will soon see the seemingly endless plains of the southern Serengeti and finally reach the Seronera Valley in the central Serengeti. The stunning Kubu Kubu Tented Lodge will be your home for the next three nights.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 4 – 5 Serengeti National Park
These two days are dedicated to game viewing in the Serengeti National Park. Your guide will take you to the best spots to observe the wildlife. Elephants, buffaloes, lions, cheetahs, hyenas, giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, topi, Grant’s and Thomson’s gazelles and many more can be seen in this large national park. Especially in the Seronera Valley you will be able to experience fantastic game viewing all year round. The Serengeti, together with the Masai Mara in Kenya, is also home to the largest animal migration on the planet. You will stay at the Kubu Kubu Tented Lodge.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 6 Serengeti National Park – Arusha
If time allows, you will head out on a last game drive in the early morning. After a hearty breakfast at the lodge, your guide will take you to the airstrip. Here you will say goodbye and board a small aircraft which will take you back to Arusha. Connecting flights to Tanzania’s coast or islands can be arranged by us at a surcharge.
- Lodge safari according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Overnight accommodation according to the itinerary
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water, soft drinks and house wine
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari
- Flight Serengeti National Park – Arusha
Important: Luggage on the Serengeti – Arusha flight is restricted to 15 kg per person (incl. hand luggage) in a soft bag.
- Additional flights
- Optional activities
- Drinks not specified above
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
We don’t operate this safari in April and May as well as from 16 – 30 November.
- This is a private tour and hence there won’t be anyone else except yourself and the people you chose to travel with in your group. Our vehicles can take a maximum of 7 people and should your group be bigger than that, more than one vehicle will be used.
- Yes there is and unfortunately children under the age of 6 years are not permitted to take part in this trip.
- You will stay in safari lodges and permanent tented camps (with en-suite bathrooms). Safari lodges are solid buildings, whereas tented camps are permanently set-up, walk-in safari style tents that offer the same service as hotels and lodges.
- During the safari you will be transported in specially converted 4×4 safari vehicles (i.e. Toyota Landcruiser) that are able to take on the harsh Tanzanian road conditions. Each guest will enjoy a window seat and during game drives the roof will open, ensuring unspoilt views. On the last day, you will board a light aircraft that will take you back to the safari’s point of origin.
- Meals are included as stated in the itinerary and mineral water is also supplied during the safari. All other drinks such as soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are excluded and need to be settled by yourself.
- You will dine at the respective accommodations. For breakfast, a buffet is usually set up, whereas a three course menu is typically served for dinner. Lunch is mostly enjoyed en-route in form of pre-packed lunch (lunch-box) consisting of sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits or grilled chicken thighs.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them (only possible with advanced notification).
- Upon booking you will receive a detailed packing list that will assist you in deciding what to bring.
- Yes, luggage is restricted to one bag with a maximum size of 25 cm x 30 cm x 62 cm (10″ x 12″ x 24″). Luggage has to be packed in a bag or rucksack (no suitcases can be transported) and cannot weigh more than 15 kg including hand luggage.
- Yes you should bring along some cash for extras like drinks, snacks, souvenirs and tips.
- Please make sure that your USD bills that have been printed after 2004 as any earlier dated bills will not be accepted.
- Tipping after a safari is customary and we recommend 15-20 USD per day per group for the guide.
- Although most nationalities can obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, it is the sole responsibility of every traveller to be in possession of all required documents. We therefore strongly suggest that you contact your respective embassy for the latest visa regulations.
- Officially no vaccinations are required but seeing that Tanzania is located in a yellow fever region, we suggest getting a yellow fever vaccination for your own piece of mind.
- Despite the fact that Tanzania does not require you to be vaccinated against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio or Hepatitis A&B, we would strongly advise to have those shots up to date.
- Malaria is also a concern and we therefore recommend that some precautionary measures are taken. For more detailed information on prophylaxes and the effects and possible side effects, please contact your doctor or travel clinic.