2 day excursion from Arusha
Day 1 – 2 Arusha – Maasai Village „Olpopongi“
In the morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Arusha. Afterwards you will undertake an approximate two and a half hours scenic drive along the slopes of West Kilimanjaro up to the Maasailand near Tinga-Tinga. After arriving at „Olpopongi“ Maasai Village a group of pleasant Maasai and the Village Chief welcomes you with a chilled welcome drink. During a walk through the village, your personal Maasai guide is explaining the life, past and today’s life of the Tanzania Maasai. Get more information about the culinary culture of the Maasai while tasting a traditional tea (chai) prepared on the wood fire. A tasty lunch with a variety of local food highlights will end the activities inside the village. The afternoon starts with an exciting & very educational walking safari across the nearby bush. Maasai warriors will guide you along their paths and explain you typical medicinal plants, extraordinary trees, tracks and the local wildlife. In addition to that, the usage of local tools, hunting techniques and fire preparation is a part your unforgettable bush excursion. Coming back to the village, the well-deserved break is accompanied by freshly brewed coffee & cake. During the sunset a group of Maasai men and woman gathering around for the traditional singing & dancing performances. A great BBQ-Buffet right at camp fire and the „get together“ with your already known Maasai friends, will provide you an unforgettable evening under the (mostly) starry sky. The evening will find the end at your private Maasai house on traditional beds with comfortable mats & blankets.
After hearing the rhythm of the bush drums next morning, the breakfast with freshly baked rolls, jam, fruits and an omelette of your choice is waiting for you! Later, during the still early morning, the tour is over and it’s time to say good bye with many new impressions in your mind. Your driver will bring you back to your hotel in Arusha.
Lunch; BBQ-Dinner; Breakfast
- All transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Experienced English speaking Masai guide
- Museum tour and Bush walk
- Welcome drink, traditional hot lunch, BBQ dinner, breakfast
- Overnight stay in a traditional Maasai clay house
- Sleeping mat, sleeping bag and blankets
- Separate European style toilets and washrooms with hot water
- All entrance fees
- This is a private trip and hence the group will only consist of the people you chose to travel with.
- No, there is no age limit.
- You will either be transported in a specially converted 4×4 minibus or
4×4 safari vehicle (i.e. Toyota Landcruiser). During game drives the roof will open, ensuring unspoilt views.
- You will be provided with a lunch-box that can include sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits or grilled chicken thighs. In addition thereto we will supply you with mineral water.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them (only possible with advanced notification).
- Yes you should bring along some cash for extras like drinks, snacks, souvenirs and tips.
- Please make sure that your USD bills that have been printed after 2004 as any earlier dated bills will not be accepted.
- Tipping after a safari is customary and we recommend 15-20 USD per day per group for the guide.
- Although most nationalities can obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, it is the sole responsibility of every traveller to be in possession of all required documents. We therefore strongly suggest that you contact your respective embassy for the latest visa regulations.
- Officially no vaccinations are required but seeing that Tanzania is located in a yellow fever region, we suggest getting a yellow fever vaccination for your own piece of mind.
- Despite the fact that Tanzania does not require you to be vaccinated against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio or Hepatitis A&B, we would strongly advise to have those shots up to date.
- Malaria is also a concern and we therefore recommend that some precautionary measures are taken. For more detailed information on prophylaxes and the effects and possible side effects, please contact your doctor or travel clinic.