Day trip from Arusha
Day 1 Arusha – Tarangire National Park
We will collect you from your hotel in Arusha and following a 2-3 hour drive, you will arrive at the Tarangire National Park. In this region, Hemmingway often went on big game hunting safaris. After the formation of the national parks in 1970, they turned the seasonal marshes and the endless savannah that one sees today into, once again, profitable hunting grounds. Today however, cameras thankfully have replaced the elephant guns. The Tarangire National Park has the highest density of elephants in North Tanzania and you can view these animals all year round in which the herds often can reach an impressive number of 300 animals. The Tarangire River has water all year round and during the dry season, between July and October, many animals from the surrounding areas come to the river for drinking. If you visit the park during the dry season, you will witness an unforgettable natural wonder as you can observe wonderful creatures such as lions, giraffes, buffaloes, wildebeests and zebras as well as various types of antelopes and gazelles and with a little luck, you can also spot a python! This area is during the dry season also a haven for bird watchers with over 550 different species including the Masai Ostrich -the world largest bird. Around lunchtime, you will stop at a suitable picnic place before the afternoon is dedicated to more wildlife watching. Before sunset, you will be taken back to your hotel in Arusha.
- Day trip according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the day trip
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- This is a private trip and hence the group will only consist of the people you chose to travel with.
- No, there is no age limit.
- You will either be transported in a specially converted 4×4 minibus or
4×4 safari vehicle (i.e. Toyota Landcruiser). During game drives the roof will open, ensuring unspoilt views.
- You will be provided with a lunch-box that can include sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits or grilled chicken thighs. In addition thereto we will supply you with mineral water.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them (only possible with advanced notification).
- Yes you should bring along some cash for extras like drinks, snacks, souvenirs and tips.
- Please make sure that your USD bills that have been printed after 2004 as any earlier dated bills will not be accepted.
- Tipping after a safari is customary and we recommend 15-20 USD per day per group for the guide.
- Although most nationalities can obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, it is the sole responsibility of every traveller to be in possession of all required documents. We therefore strongly suggest that you contact your respective embassy for the latest visa regulations.
- Officially no vaccinations are required but seeing that Tanzania is located in a yellow fever region, we suggest getting a yellow fever vaccination for your own piece of mind.
- Despite the fact that Tanzania does not require you to be vaccinated against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio or Hepatitis A&B, we would strongly advise to have those shots up to date.
- Malaria is also a concern and we therefore recommend that some precautionary measures are taken. For more detailed information on prophylaxes and the effects and possible side effects, please contact your doctor or travel clinic.