6 Day Mobile Explorer Camp safari
Day 1-6 | Tanzania
- Mobile Explorer Camp
- Tarangire National Park – Game drive
- Lake Manyara National Park – Game drive
- African Rift Valley – Viewpoint
- Ngorongoro Crater – Game drive
- Serengeti National Park – Game drive
- Flight from the Serengeti to Arusha
Mobile Explorer Camp safari:
Min. number to guarantee tour: N/A
Max number of participants: private safari
Departure day: any day of your choice
from 3,420 USD (4-6 pax)
to 4,580 USD (2-3 pax)
Single Supplement: 585 USD
Day 1 Arusha – Tarangire National Park
In the morning you will be picked up by your safari guide. After a briefing you will head off in the direction of the Tarangire National Park. Giant Baobab trees, the bush savannah and the seasonal marshes add to the wonders of this nature reserve which is considered one of the best places in East Africa to view elephants up close, not only because there are thousands of these animals, but also because they do not feel threatened by the presence of a vehicle. With a bit of luck you can see leopards and on some rare occasions even cheetahs can be spotted. From the open roof of the safari vehicle you will be able to absorb the landscape and watch the animals. Furthermore you will also have a chance to see the elegant Maasai giraffe, various gazelles and antelopes, buffaloes, lions and marvel at the rich bird life. After an exciting day of watching wildlife, you will reach the Mobile Explorer Camp which has been set up especially for you on a secluded campsite in the Tarangire National Park.
Day 2 Tarangire National Park
Today is set aside for more game drives in the Tarangire National Park. The Tarangire river is the only permanent source of water in the park and the wildlife tends to concentrate in its vicinity. You will be able to observe herds of elephants and wildebeests as they come to drink especially during the dry season. You will spend another night at the Mobile Explorer Camp.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 3 Tarangire National Park – Lake Manyara National Park – Karatu
After breakfast, you will leave the Tarangire behind and continue to the Lake Manyara National Park, where you will spend the remainder of the day exploring this small, but beautiful park on game drives. The protected area encloses a large part of the alkaline Lake Manyara which is home to colonies of flamingos and other water birds. Apart from elephants you might also spot giraffes, hippos, wildebeests, impalas and teeming groups of noisy monkeys and baboons in the forests near the lake. In the afternoon, you will leave the park and drive up the African Rift Valley. Soon, the higher lands will be reached and a wonderful panorama opens up. Enjoy the spectacular views before you continue to the Plantation Lodge in Karatu, today’s final destination.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 4 Karatu – Ngorongoro Crater – Serengeti National Park
Breakfast is at day break before you drive into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and down into the Ngorongoro Crater, the largest unbroken and unflooded caldera in the world with an incredible wildlife diversity. Here you will find almost all species of the East African savannah including the “Big Five” – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard. After an extensive wildlife tour and a picnic you will leave the crater in the afternoon and continue your journey to the Serengeti National Park. The southern plains of the Serengeti literally seem to go on forever, stretching to the horizon and only interrupted by bizarre rock formations. In the late afternoon, you will reach the Mobile Explorer Camp at a remote campsite in the Serengeti National Park. Listen to the sounds of the wilderness while you sit around the camp fire and enjoy your privacy in the middle of the African bush.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 5 Serengeti National Park
The entire day is dedicated to game viewing in the Serengeti National Park. Depending on the time of year, you have the chance of witnessing the great migration, where hundreds and thousands of wildebeests and zebras roam the ecosystem of the Serengeti and the Masai Mara in search of fresh grass and water and predators are never far behind. As the migration is completely dependent on the yearly rainfalls, the location of the herds may vary from year to year. Your guide will know where to locate the animals and where to see them best. You will spend another night at the Mobile Explorer Camp.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 6 Serengeti National Park – Arusha
You will join an early morning game drive as the sun rises over the plains. Back at camp, a hearty breakfast awaits you. Your guide will then take you to the airstrip. Here you will say goodbye to your guide and board a small aircraft which will take you back to Arusha.
- Safari according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Professional safari chef and camp crew
- Overnight stays in the Tanzania-Experience Mobile Explorer Camp and in safari lodges or tented camps according to the itinerary
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari
- Flight Serengeti – Arusha
- Additional flights
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- This is a private tour and hence there won’t be anyone else except yourself and the people you chose to travel with in your group. Please note that we can take a maximum of 10 people on this safari.
- There is no set age limit, however, we discourage parents with children under the age of 10 to join such a safari due to the lengthy drives and the fact that nights are spent in the wild. Furthermore each tent can only accommodate 2 people and should parents travel with children, they would have to split up should they not want their kids to sleep in their own tent. If parents however insist on bringing their child / children, they are welcome to do so but must keep in mind that the sole responsibility for the kids lies with them at all time.
- Nights are spent in our Mobile Explorer Camp and in lodges or tented camps. While this safari focuses on taking you to the most remote areas of Tanzania, you will have to spend one night at a lodge or tented camp, while the Mobile Explorer Camp moves to the next location. While staying at the Mobile Explorer Camp, you will overnight in spacious tents (3x3m surface area, 2,1m high). Each tent is equipped with real beds, side tables and battery-operated lamps and comes with a private toilet and bucket-shower tent.
- We only use specially converted 4×4 safari vehicles (i.e. Toyota Landcruiser) that are able to take on the harsh Tanzanian road conditions. Each guest will enjoy a window seat and during game drives the roof will open, ensuring unspoilt views.
- Meals are included as stated in the itinerary and mineral water is also supplied during the safari. All other drinks such as soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are excluded and need to be settled by yourself.
- Breakfast and dinner are served in a mess tent and for breakfast eggs, sausages or bacon, toast and jam are usually served, whereas a three course menu is typically served for dinner. Lunch is mostly enjoyed en-route in form of pre-packed lunch (lunch-box) consisting of sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits or grilled chicken thighs.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them (only possible with advanced notification).
- Upon booking you will receive a detailed packing list that will assist you in deciding what to bring.
- Yes there are and due to the fact that space in the vehicle is limited, luggage is restricted to 15 kg in a soft bag or rucksack. In addition thereto, guests are allowed one small piece of hand luggage. Please refrain from bringing bulky suitcases as this can cause problems when storing the luggage. Furthermore, please do not forget to read up on your airlines respective luggage policy.
- Yes you should bring along some cash for extras like drinks, snacks, souvenirs and tips.
- Please make sure that your USD bills that have been printed after 2004 as any earlier dated bills will not be accepted.
- Tips are not included in the price. Below are some recommendations from our side (per group, not per person):
Guide: 15-20 USD per day
Camp assistant: 10-15 USD per day
Cook: 10-15 USD per day
Supply driver: 10-15 USD per day
- Although most nationalities can obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, it is the sole responsibility of every traveller to be in possession of all required documents. We therefore strongly suggest that you contact your respective embassy for the latest visa regulations.
- Officially no vaccinations are required but seeing that Tanzania is located in a yellow fever region, we suggest getting a yellow fever vaccination for your own piece of mind.
- Despite the fact that Tanzania does not require you to be vaccinated against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio or Hepatitis A&B, we would strongly advise to have those shots up to date.
- Malaria is also a concern and we therefore recommend that some precautionary measures are taken. For more detailed information on prophylaxes and the effects and possible side effects, please contact your doctor or travel clinic.